Oatmeal Raisin Bread
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 2 loaves
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 packages active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- POUR boiling water over oats, molasses, shortening, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir until shortening is melted. Stir in raisins and lemon peel. Cool until warm (110 to 115ºF).
- SPRINKLE yeast over warm water. Let stand until softened. Add to warm mixture in bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add about half of flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating vigorously after each addition. Beat in remaining flour. Dough will be soft. Coat a large bowl lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat. Cover. Let rise in a warm place until double, 45 to 60 minutes.
- COAT two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Punch down dough. Divide dough in half. Spread evenly in prepared pans. Cover. Let rise again until double in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in pans on a rack. Remove from pans
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 10mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.