Lemon Almond Drop Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Grated peel of large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and milk.
- COMBINE flour, nuts, lemon peel and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat just until blended.
- DROP dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with back of spoon. Sprinkle with sliced nuts.
- BAKE for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Move to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 10mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.