Lemon Pecan Refrigerated Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Ready Time: 330 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- 3 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg. Stir together milk, lemon peel, lemon juice and lemon extract. Add gradually to flour mixture, mixing with a fork until well blended.
- CHILL dough until easy to handle, about 30 minutes. Shape dough into two rolls, about 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Roll in finely ground pecans. Wrap and chill 3 to 4 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Cut each roll into 1/4-inch slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar when cool, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.