Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CREAM shortening, sugar, egg and lemon extract until light and fluffy in large bowl. Mix in lemon peel, flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Form into 2 balls. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Roll each half to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut shapes with 2 or 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Immediately remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.