Citrus Fried Fish
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 27 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 pounds perch fillets
- OR any flaky white fish, such as catfish, tilapia, or flounder.
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash Dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- STIR together flour, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Combine milk and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- DREDGE fillets in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip fillets in milk mixture; dredge again in flour mixture.
- HEAT oil in a large skillet or electric skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish just flakes with a fork.
- COMBINE orange marmalade, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, salt and garlic powder in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer; stir in parsley. Serve with fish.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 205mg, Sodium 680mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 48g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.