- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE sugar, shortening, lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and lemon extracts in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg. Beat well.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in coconut, if desired.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are lightly browned. (Watch closely. Do not allow coconut to burn.)
- COOL for 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.