Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 15 to 18 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups coarsely grated raw carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (1 lb.) package powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch pan lightly with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND together sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir together flour, salt, cinnamon and soda in medium bowl. Add to sugar mixture. Beat at low speed 1 minute. Stir in carrots, nuts and raisins. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- BEAT together softened cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until desired spreading consistency, adding more powdered sugar to thicken or milk to thin frosting. Spread on cooled cake. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/15 of cake), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 300), Total Fat 35g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 79g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 58g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 80%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.