Lime Chiffon Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 drops green food coloring
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Lime peel twists (optional)
- PREPARE and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; cool.
- SPRINKLE gelatin over the water in a glass measuring cup.
- WHISK together egg yolks, sugar, lime juice, lime peel and salt in small saucepan over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- STIR reserved gelatin and add it to the filling mixture, whisking until smooth. Whisk in food coloring, one drop at a time, until desired color is achieved. Cover saucepan with plastic wrap and refrigerate filling until partially set.
- USING a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently stir whipped topping into cooled gelatin mixture. Transfer filling mixture to baked pie crust, then refrigerate until firm. Before serving, garnish with lime peel.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.