Orange Cardamom Thins
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg, corn syrup, vanilla, orange peel and orange extract; beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Roll each half into 12-inch-long log. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- CUT rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- TIP Cardamom, a member of the ginger family, has a pungent aroma and a spicy-sweet flavor. It is used most often in Scandinavian and East Indian cooking.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.