Lollipop Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 flat ice cream sticks
- Candy pieces, miniature baking chips, raisins, colored sugar, jimmies, sprinkles or nuts
- BEAT sugar and shortening in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla, beating until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- SHAPE dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Push ice cream stick into center of dough. Place dough 3 inches apart on un-greased baking sheet with stick parallel to baking sheet. Flatten dough to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of greased and floured glass. Decorate with candy pieces, as desired, pressing decorations gently into dough.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.