Brown Sugar Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 165 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 7 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith apples (about 2 1/3 pounds or 7 medium)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- PLACE apple slices in unbaked pie crust. Combine sugar, brown sugar and flour in small bowl; sprinkle over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BRUSH top crust with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- BAKE 1 hour or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.