Maple Pecan Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 to 30 pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 6 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- BEAT brown sugar and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, syrup, maple extract and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy. Combine flour, ground pecans, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Shape each into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- ROLL dough, a disk at a time, on a lightly floured surface or between two sheets of wax paper sprinkled with flour, to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out with floured 3-inch scalloped round cookie cutter. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Place a pecan in the center of half of the cookies.
- BAKE 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, shortening, maple extract and salt in medium bowl. Beat at low speed until smooth. Add milk. Beat until mixture is smooth. Spread filling on flat side of plain cookies. Place cookies with pecan on top.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich cookie of 18), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 34g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.