Maple Walnut Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, maple syrup, vanilla and maple extracts in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg. Beat well.
- COMBINE flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press walnut half into center of each cookie.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.