Oatmeal Brickle Cookies with Chocolate Glaze
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond brickle chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz. pkg.)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Press tops into brickle chips. Place cookies brickle side up, 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- PLACE chocolate chips in resealable plastic bag. Seal. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds. Knead. Repeat until smooth. Cut tiny tip off corner of bag. Squeeze to drizzle over cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.