Buttery Cheddar Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 25 min
- Yield: 10 to 12 biscuits
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Combine flour, cheese, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk, mixing with fork until particles are moistened and cling together.
- PLACE on a lightly floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times. Roll to 3/4-inch thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter pushing straight down. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscuit), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.