Berries and Cream Cake Roll
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 195 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour, or Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves, or Smucker's® Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh fruit and mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT egg whites on high speed 4 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks in separate bowl 3 minutes or until slightly thick and light lemon colored. Add sugar and vanilla to egg yolks; continue to beat 1 minute.
- SIFT together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to egg yolk mixture. Fold in beaten egg white. Pour into prepared pan, spreading batter evenly.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto clean kitchen towel. Loosen cake edges from pan. Immediately invert onto towel. Gently roll cake with the towel into a log, starting at long end. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- CHILL beaters and mixing bowl from electric mixer 10 minutes in preparation for next step. Stir preserves slightly for easier spreading.
- BEAT cream in chilled bowl with chilled beaters until stiff. Unroll cake; spread carefully with preserves, then with whipped cream. Reroll cake without towel. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- SPRINKLE with powdered sugar; garnish with fruit and mint, if desired, before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 32g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.