Chocolate Chip, Apricot and Pecan Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans*
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended.
- STIR in chocolate chips, apricots and pecans. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- TIP *To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.