Pan-Fried Fish Fillets with Chipotle Butter
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 25 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tilapia or halibut fillets or any firm white fish, about 1 1/2 pounds total
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- Lime wedges
- MIX butter, chipotles, adobo sauce and cumin with a fork in small bowl until blended.
- PAT fish fillets dry. Season each piece with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat each piece of fish with flour.
- HEAT half the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Fry a few pieces of fish at a time, skin side up first, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove cooked fish to plates. Add more oil to skillet as needed to cook remaining pieces.
- TOP fish with a dollop of chipotle butter. Serve with lime wedge.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 720mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.