- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz.) package miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips with spoon. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed and slightly cracked. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.