Peach-Topped Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 65 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced peaches, thoroughly drained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE 1/4 cup shortening and sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- COMBINE 1 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir into the shortening mixture alternately with milk. Spread batter evenly in a prepared pan.
- CUT large peach slices in half lengthwise. Arrange peaches on top of batter. Combine remaining 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.