Celebration Salmon with Apple Berry Sauce
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Gala or Fuji apples, peeled, diced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- COOK sweet potatoes in large stockpot of boiling water until fork tender. Drain and mash. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine jerk seasoning and pumpkin pie spice in shallow bowl. Reserve 1 teaspoon of mixture for sauce; set aside. Add flour to remaining seasoning mixture; stir to combine. Coat salmon pieces on both sides with flour mixture.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons oil in oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add salmon pieces; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer salmon to oven; cook an additional 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove salmon to a serving plate; keep warm.
- ADD remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; heat over medium heat. Add pistachios; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove pistachios from skillet, coarsely chop; set aside. To same skillet add apples, cranberries, juice, jam and reserved 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until apples are tender and sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest.
- SPOON sweet potatoes into the center of 4 plates; top with a salmon fillet. Spoon sauce around salmon, sprinkle with pistachios. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 salmon fillet w/ sauce), Calories 690 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 33g), Protein 43g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 420%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.