Cordially Yours Chocolate Chip Bars
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 30 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 15 1⁄2 x10 1⁄2 x 1-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and cinnamon in small bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in pie filling and chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
- BAKE 25 minutes or until lightly browned and top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- SPRINKLE with powdered sugar. Cut into 2 1⁄2 x 2-inch bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 30), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.