Chewy Brownie Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- TIP Other combinations of chips may be used, such as 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips, or 1 cup peanut butter chips and 1 cup of chocolate chips, or 1 cup chopped nuts and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.