Sour Cream Pastry
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 1 pastry shell
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, mixing with fork until particles are moistened and cling together. Form dough into ball.
- ROLL on lightly floured board or pastry cloth to a circle at least 2-inches larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Fit into pie plate. Trim edges of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.