- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grill seasoning for chicken
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup toasted, slivered blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- PLACE 1/4 cup flour in plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat well. Melt shortening in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides, removing as it browns.
- ADD garlic and onion to skillet. Cook and stir until onion is clear. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and tomato paste. Pour in chicken broth and stir until mixture boils. Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle grill seasoning over chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 45 to 55 minutes.
- REMOVE chicken to serving dish. Add sour cream to skillet, stirring constantly over low heat but do not boil. Pour half of sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 170mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 54g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.