Cranberry Orange Muffins
If you like the tangy tartness of dried cranberries in our Cranberry Orange Muffins, use them as you would raisins for baked goods, sprinkle in cereal and salads, or eat out-of-hand for a healthy snack.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray 12 medium (about 2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl, using a wire whisk; set aside. Combine milk, orange juice, orange peel, oil and eggs in medium bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients; mix until just blended (do not overmix). Add cranberries; stir just until evenly blended.
- COMBINE sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar topping.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in tins on a baking rack 5 minutes; remove muffins from pan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.