Two Cheese Chicken Divan
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE broccoli in microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 6 to 9 minutes or until tender.
- MELT shortening in saucepan. Blend in flour and salt. Cook until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Bring sauce to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in blue cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Whisk in cream.
- PLACE cooked broccoli spears in prepared dish with flowerettes to outside and stems directed towards center. Place sliced chicken evenly over stems. Pour cheese sauce over chicken, keeping broccoli flowerettes uncovered. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Place broiler rack 6 inches from heat; turn oven control to BROIL. Broil 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 680mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 1g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.