Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 dozen brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE shortening, softened cream cheese and vanilla in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in flour.
- PREPARE brownie mix according to package directions. Spread half the brownie mixture into prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Drop spoonfuls of remaining brownie mixture over cream cheese layer. Spread gently to cover. Swirl mixtures together using tip of knife.*
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into 2 x 2-inch squares.
- TIP A nice swirl design depends on how much you pull knife through batter. Do not overdo.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie, 1/24 of recipe), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.