Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 10 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 3 tbsps., divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Coat muffin pans lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE Quick Bread Mix and 3 tablespoons sugar in large bowl. Combine egg, milk, and applesauce in separate bowl. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes.
- COMBINE 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Dip hot muffins in melted butter, then in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.