Zesty Zucchini Slices
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 25 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- 1/3 cup Martha White® Plain Enriched White Corn Meal
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 small zucchini (about 6-inches long), cut in 1/4-inch slices
- MELT shortening to a depth of 2 or 3-inches in deep fryer or large saucepan. Heat to 365ºF.
- COMBINE corn meal, flour, onion salt, salt and cayenne pepper on wax paper. Whisk together milk and egg in shallow dish or pie plate. Dip zucchini in milk mixture. Drain off excess. Coat with cornmeal mixture.
- FRY a few at a time 1 or 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.