Creamy Strawberry Breakfast Crepes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
FILLING AND SAUCE
- 2 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt in small bowl. Add milk, eggs and oil, whisking until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- SPRAY a 6-inch skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet. Add 1/8 cup batter, tilting skillet to make a 6-inch crepe. Cook over moderate heat 30 to 60 seconds, or until bottom is light brown. Turn crepe over. Cook 15 seconds longer. Remove to a plate. Lightly spray skillet again, if necessary. Repeat with remaining batter.
FILLING AND SAUCE
- BLEND yogurt, cinnamon and 1/4 cup preserves in small bowl; set aside. Heat remaining preserves in a microwave safe bowl, on HIGH (100% power) for 45 seconds; stir until melted and smooth.
- DIVIDE yogurt mixture between crepes, spreading it down the center of each. Fold or roll crepe over yogurt mixture. Arrange 3 crepes on each serving plate. Top with melted preserves and chopped pecans, if desired; serve.
- TIP Crepe batter and filling can be made the night before and refrigerated until ready to use. Crepes can also be cooked in quantity and frozen between sheets of waxed paper. Thaw, still wrapped, at room temperature. Proceed as directed for remaining recipe.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 96g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 74g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.