Crisco White Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury® Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray two 9 x 1 1/2-inch round cake pans or a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- ADD milk and shortening. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes, or beat vigorously by hand 300 strokes.
- ADD egg whites, milk and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes more or 300 strokes.
- POUR batter into prepared pan(s). For the 9-inch round cake pans: Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For the 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan: Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL 15 minutes; remove cake from pan(s) to cooling rack to cool completely. Frost as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.