Spiced Orange Pecan Doughnut Balls
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- HEAT 2 or 3 inches oil to 360ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl.
- COMBINE egg, milk, orange peel, juice and oil in separate bowl. Add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. Stir in pecans.
- DROP by teaspoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted metal spoon. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 ball), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.