Sunday Dinner Pot Roast
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 195 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 lb.) boneless eye roast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Hot cooked noodles
- HEAT oven to 325° F. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season both sides of meat with salt and pepper. Place in Dutch oven. Brown meat on all sides. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are tender. Add Worcestershire sauce and basil leaves. Pour 1 cup water over meat. Cover.
- ROAST in oven 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Remove meat to cutting board. Cover with foil to keep warm. Heat liquid in Dutch oven to boiling. Stir flour and remaining 1 1/4 cups water in small bowl until smooth. Stir into hot liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.
- SLICE meat. Serve meat and gravy over noodles.
SLOW COOKER METHOD
- COAT slow cooker with Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of meat with salt and pepper. Place in skillet. Brown meat on all sides. Place in slow cooker. Add onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and basil leaves. Pour 1 cup water over meat.
- COVER and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours. Omit gravy directions. Slice meat. Serve meat and broth over noodles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.