- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes or peppermint hard candies, divided
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed candy. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon crushed candy. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- TIP To have enough crushed candy for this recipe, use 9 medium candy canes or 36 peppermint hard candies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.