Pineapple Orange Chiffon Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 oz.) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Pineapple Preserves
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Simply Fruit® Orange Marmalade Spreadable Fruit
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Orange slices (optional)
- Grated orange peel or orange peel curls (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat the inside of two 9-inch round pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE egg whites in medium bowl. Beat at high speed of electric mixer until foamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, while beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- MIX remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add pineapple juice, oil, milk, orange peel and egg yolks. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until ingredients are moistened, scraping bowl constantly. Beat at high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Fold in egg white mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- MIX pineapple preserves and orange marmalade in small bowl. Spread some of mixture on top of one layer. Top with remaining layer. Spread top with remaining mixture.
- POUR cream into chilled medium bowl. Beat at high speed of electric mixer until thickened. Add orange peel. Gradually add powdered sugar while beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- SPREAD on sides and top of cake. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Garnish with orange slices or orange peel, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 44g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.