Sweet Potato Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 140 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 very large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Bake sweet potatoes 1 hour. Remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, peel sweet potatoes; cut into chunks (makes about 2 cups). Purée with butter in blender or food processor.
- ADD brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and half-and-half. Purée. Add eggs. Pulse until well combined. Pour pie filling into prepared pie crust.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes. Cover crust with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Remove pie from oven and set on cooling rack to cool before refrigerating.
- SERVE with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 190%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.