Sweet Potato and Pineapple Pie
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 (15 1/4 oz.) can crushed pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping
- PREPARE dough for double crust pie. Roll out pastry for two pie crusts, placing each in 9-inch pie plate. Press crust to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Flute edges. Heat oven to 350°F.
- DRAIN pineapple, reserving juice. Discard 6 tablespoons juice. Combine remaining juice, pineapple, sweet potatoes, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, brown sugar, shortening and nutmeg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Spoon filling into 2 prepared pie crusts.
- BAKE 30 to 45 minutes or until filling is set. Cool to room temperature. Serve with whipped topping. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 40g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 170%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.