Vanilla Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream Cone Cakes
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 12 cones
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury® Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 dozen large flat-bottom cones
- Buttery Cream Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE shortening and sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- COMBINE cake flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture alternately with milk, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- PLACE half the batter in a separate bowl; stir in cocoa and mini chocolate chips. Mix until well blended.
- DIVIDE batters into cones, alternating chocolate and plain batter. Run a skewer through the batter once or twice to swirl the colors. Set cones in muffin cups or on a baking sheet.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes. Cool.
- PREPARE frosting and frost cakes, or pipe on the frosting with a star tip in a circular pattern to create a swirled top.
- DECORATE with assorted candies, sprinkles, coconut and marshmallows. Top with a maraschino cherry.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cone of 12), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 39g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.