- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 dozen desserts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Ice cream (any flavor)
- Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- COMBINE water and shortening in medium saucepan. Heat to a rolling boil. Add flour and salt, stirring constantly until mixture forms a ball. Continue to cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add eggs all at once. Beat until smooth.
- DROP by teaspoonfuls at least 1 1⁄2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool away from draft.
- CUT off tops of cooled cream puffs. Remove dough filaments from inside. Fill with small scoop of ice cream. Replace tops. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 profiterole), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.