The Best Yet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- OR 1/2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury® Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup large pieces cashews (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and mayonnaise.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of dough in a mound 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for each cookie.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned (cookie centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.