Pumpkin Caramel Pound Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 80 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 to 20 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Hot Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Smucker's® Hot Caramel Flavored Topping
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup fluted tube pan generously with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in 3/4 cup caramel topping and pumpkin. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top (pan will be full).
- BAKE 70 to 80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- WHISK together powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons topping and water in medium bowl. Add more water if needed to make thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 87g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 63g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.