Gooey Toffee Bars
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 24 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee candy bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in flour and salt. With lightly floured fingers, press dough evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crust. Return pan to oven 1 minute to melt chips. Remove from oven. Spread melted chips evenly over crust. Sprinkle toffee bits and nuts on top. Cool slightly. Cut into 24 bars. Cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.