Toffee Spattered Sugar Stars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, plus 4 tbsp, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate English toffee chips, divided
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- SPRINKLE 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place disk of dough on floured paper, flattening slightly with hands. Turn dough over. Cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1⁄4-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of waxed paper.
- SPRINKLE about 1⁄4 of toffee chips over dough. Roll lightly into dough. Cut out with floured star cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and toffee chips.
- BAKE 5 to 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.