Chocolatey Peanut Butter Fingers
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 2 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ( 6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons PET® Evaporated Milk
- Milk chocolate English toffee bits (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan with a no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg and water in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended. Beat in 1/3 cup peanut butter and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown and center is just set. Do not over-bake. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes or until chips become shiny and soft. Spread to cover evenly. Cool slightly. Cut into bars, about 2 x 1 3/4-inches. Cool completely.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, peanut butter and evaporated milk in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Drizzle over chocolate. Sprinkle with toffee bits, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.