Homestyle Country White Bread
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110 to 115ºF)
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- SPRAY two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- SPRINKLE yeast over warm water in bowl of electric mixer. Add dry milk, sugar, salt, melted shortening and 3 cups flour. Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Using a spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- TURN dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Roll up, starting with 6-inch side. Place seam-side-down in prepared loaf pans. Cover. Let rise in a warm place until double, about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- BAKE 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.