Easy No-Knead Bread
- Prep Time: 165 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 225 min
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (110F to 115F)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. salt
- 6 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Melted butter
- SPRAY two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- POUR warm water into large bowl. Add yeast; stir until dissolved. Add sugar or honey, shortening, salt and half the flour.
- BEAT on high speed of electric mixer for 3 minutes. Add remaining flour; stir in with spoon.
- COVER; let rise in warm place about 1 hour. Cut dough in half with knife and place into prepared loaf pans. Cover; let rise again in warm place about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from pans immediately; brush with melted butter and cool on racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.