Family Favorite Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Flaked coconut
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Flaked coconut
- Pecan halves
- Silvered dried apricots
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas at low speed. Stir in apricots, 1⁄2 cup coconut and 1⁄2 cup nuts with spoon.
- DROP by well rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown and set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- SPREAD small amount of frosting in center of cookies. Sprinkle with coconut. Top with nut half. Arrange slivers of apricot in spoke fashion around nut.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cpploe), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.