Almond Macaroon Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 48 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted if desired*
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 48 whole almonds, toasted if desired*
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 15 x 10-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package using the oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar, flour and 2 eggs in medium bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Stir in almond extract, coconut and chopped almonds. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over brownie batter; spread evenly.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and center is firm to the touch. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and oil in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Drizzle and spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Garnish each bar with 1 whole almond.
- TIP *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- See package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 48), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.