Black Cat Jamboree Cake
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 black licorice twist, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 strands black string licorice
- 6 chocolate covered mint patties
- 1 small black gumdrop
- 2 large orange gumdrops
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package using oil, water and eggs. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- SPREAD frosting over top of cake. To decorate, place licorice twist halves on cake to resemble fence, using twists for fence. To make 3 cats, use 2 mints for each cat; place on fence. Use string licorice for tails and whiskers. Cut ears from black gumdrop; place on cats. On sugared surface, roll out orange gumdrops; cut into crescent moon shape. Place on cake.
- TIP Any flavor cake mix can be substituted. Follow directions on package.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/3 cup flour to dry cake mix. Increase water to 1 1/3 cups. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 72g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 52g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.